Friday, January 15, 2010

How to Know Your Purpose

Why am I here?

How did I get here?

I know I am supposed to do something.

What?

How can we know with certainty our purpose in this life?

I don't know.

What did you expect me to say?

What I do know is that we are defining our purpose, whether we realize it or not, with each thought that precedes our words and deeds. Each time we do or say anything we establish our direction in life. How we see our situation; how we deal with our issues; how we express ourselves in the midst of it all; these are just a few things that can help us answer the question of our purpose.

If we desire to understand fully what our purpose may or may not be, we can begin by developing and maintaining a full awareness of our thoughts about the matter. Am I satisfied? Do I have contenment at this moment? How do I feel when I think about my current status?

My answer is the answer!

If I am in a good place (no pretending), then I am living out my purpose at this moment. If there exists the slightest departure from well-being, I analyze it and adjust my thinking. In this manner I am better able to define my purpose, understanding that it may change with time.

Jesus told us we should repent. He was telling us to change the way we see (think about) our lives, and how we choose to live. Usually, as we change the way we see things, the things we see seem to change. In truth, we have the personal power to choose to see things in such a way as to experience total well-being. I believe in doing so, we also experience a form of repentance.

We are repenting of the sin of denying our nature. Our nature is to have a joy-filled life of abundance. And one of the quickest ways to begin feeling good is to do something kind. One of the most joyful times in life is sharing with those who are in need... even if it's just a smile :-)


LUVWRX! Believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

talk to me.